Where should a bench be placed in a living room?
A bench can be a versatile and functional piece of furniture in a living room, and can be placed in various locations depending on your needs and preferences. Here are some common places to consider for placing a bench in a living room:
1. In front of a window: A bench can be a great addition in front of a window, providing a comfortable spot to sit and enjoy the view, read a book, or relax. You can also place some decorative cushions or pillows on the bench to add style and comfort.
2. At the foot of the bed: If your living room is large enough, you can place a bench at the foot of the bed, providing a convenient spot to sit and put on shoes or store extra bedding. You can also choose a bench with storage underneath to maximize functionality.
3. In an entryway: If your living room serves as an entryway, a bench can be a useful addition for seating and storage. You can choose a bench with hooks or a shelf above it to hang coats and bags, and store shoes underneath.
4. Next to a coffee table: A bench can also be placed next to a coffee table, providing extra seating and a casual and relaxed vibe. This can be especially useful for large gatherings or when you need extra seating in the living room.
5. In a cosy corner: If you have a cosy corner in your living room, you can place a bench there to create a comfortable and inviting seating area. You can add some decorative cushions or a throw blanket to make it even more cosy and welcoming.
Ultimately, the placement of a bench in a living room will depend on your needs, preferences, and the size and layout of the room. By choosing a bench that fits the style and functionality of your living room, you can create a comfortable and stylish space for relaxing and entertaining.
How tall should an entryway bench be?
The height of an entryway bench can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the bench, the height of the individuals who will be using it, and the overall style and design of the entryway. However, as a general guideline, a standard height for an entryway bench is between 45 to 50 cm.
This height provides a comfortable and ergonomic seating position for most people, allowing them to easily sit down and stand up from the bench without straining their knees or back. Additionally, a bench of this height can be easily paired with a standard-height coat rack or wall-mounted hooks, providing a cohesive and functional storage solution for an entryway.
Of course, the specific height of an entryway bench will depend on your individual needs and preferences, as well as the design and style of the space. If you have specific height requirements or design considerations, it may be best to consult with a furniture or interior design professional for personalised guidance.
Can you put a bench in a narrow hallway?
Yes, you can put a bench in a narrow hallway as long as the dimensions of the bench and the hallway are compatible. A bench can actually be a great addition to a narrow hallway, providing a functional and stylish seating solution that can also serve as a focal point or design element.
When choosing a bench for a narrow hallway, it's important to consider the dimensions of the space and select a bench that fits comfortably within it. Make sure to measure the width and depth of the hallway and choose a bench that is appropriately sized to avoid overcrowding or obstructing the space.
In addition to size considerations, you'll also want to choose a bench that fits the style and design of the hallway. Consider the colour, texture, and material of the bench and choose one that complements the existing decor and enhances the overall aesthetic of the space.
Finally, keep in mind the functionality of the bench. Depending on your needs, you may want to choose a bench with built-in storage, such as drawers or cubbies, to help maximize the use of space in the narrow hallway.
With the right size, style, and functionality considerations, a bench can be a great addition to a narrow hallway, providing both seating and style in a functional and attractive way.