A console or hallway table can be a welcome addition to your home’s entrance. The Block Shop has a beautiful range of console and hallways tables that are available in a range of styles and materials.
Whether you are after a timber or oak console table or a more glamorous marble or concrete table, we have a range of options to suit all styles and budgets.
Shopping online for console and hallways tables is easy at The Block Shop, an online furniture and home store based in Australia. With great shipping options Australia-wide, it's never been easier to ship furniture to your door-step.
The Block Shop offers easy returns, fast delivery and a range of payment options that makes buying tables for your home both easy and enjoyable.
What is the purpose of a console table?
A console table is a narrow, typically rectangular table that is designed to be placed against a wall. Its primary purpose is to provide a surface for decorative items, such as vases, candles, or picture frames. However, console tables can also serve a number of other functions in a home, depending on their size, shape, and style.
Here are some common purposes of a console table:
1. Decorative display: Console tables are often used to display decorative items, such as sculptures, pottery, or artwork. They can also be used to highlight a particular design element in a room, such as an architectural feature or a beautiful view.
2. Storage: Console tables with drawers, shelves, or cabinets can provide additional storage in a living room, entryway, or hallway. They can be used to store items such as keys, mail, or other small items that need to be easily accessible.
3. Functionality: Console tables can serve a functional purpose in a room, such as a workspace for a laptop, a place to serve food and drinks, or a surface to set down bags and other items when entering or leaving a home.
4. Style: Console tables come in a wide variety of styles and materials, from traditional to contemporary, and can be used to complement the overall decor of a room. They can also be used to add a pop of colour or texture to a space.
Where should a console table be placed in a home?
A console table can be placed in many different locations throughout a home, depending on its intended use and the layout of the space. Here are some common places where a console table can be placed:
1. Entryway: A console table can serve as a welcoming focal point in an entryway. It can be used to display decorative items, such as a vase of fresh flowers, or to provide a surface for items such as keys, wallets, and mail.
2. Living room: In a living room, a console table can be used to display decorative items, such as candles or picture frames, or to hold a lamp or other lighting. It can also be used to store items such as remote controls or magazines.
3. Dining room: A console table in a dining room can be used to display decorative items, such as a beautiful vase or a sculpture, or to hold additional tableware such as serving dishes or table linens.
4. Bedroom: In a bedroom, a console table can serve as a vanity, with a mirror and other personal care items, or it can be used as a place to store clothing or other items.
5. Home office: A console table in a home office can be used as a desk or work surface, or it can be used to store office supplies and files.
How to decorate a console table?
Styling a console table can be a fun and creative way to add personality and interest to your home decor. Here are some tips for styling a console table:
1. Start with a focal point: Choose a decorative item, such as a mirror, a piece of artwork, or a vase, to serve as a focal point for the table. This will help anchor the arrangement and give it a cohesive look.
2. Layer items: Layer items of different heights and textures to add depth and dimension to the display. For example, you can stack books or use small boxes to create different levels on the table.
3. Mix materials: Use a mix of materials, such as metal, wood, glass, and ceramics, to add interest to the display. This will help break up the visual monotony and create a more dynamic look.
4. Play with symmetry: Symmetrical arrangements can create a clean and formal look, while asymmetrical arrangements can create a more casual and relaxed vibe. Experiment with both to see what works best in your space.
5. Use greenery: Plants and flowers can add a fresh and natural touch to the display. Use vases or planters to hold them, or use a single stem in a bud vase for a minimalist look.
6. Add personal touches: Consider incorporating personal items, such as family photos, mementos, or souvenirs, to make the display feel more personal and meaningful.
7. Edit and balance: Step back and take a look at the overall arrangement. Make sure it feels balanced and not too cluttered. Edit as necessary to create a cohesive and visually pleasing display.
Remember, there is no right or wrong way to style a console table. The key is to have fun and experiment with different arrangements until you find one that feels right for your space.
How wide should a hallway table be?
The width of a hallway table, also known as a console table, can vary depending on the size of the hallway and the intended use of the table. Generally, a console table should be at least 76 cm wide to provide enough space to display decorative items or hold everyday essentials like keys, wallets, and mail. However, if you have a wider hallway you may consider a console table that is 91 to 122 cm wide can provide ample space for a lamp, books, and other decorative items, as well as additional storage drawers or shelves. As with any piece of furniture, it's important to consider the size and layout of your space to determine the best size and placement for a hallway table that fits your needs and complements your decor.
What is a good height for hallway table?
The height of a hallway table, also known as a console table, can vary depending on the height of your hallway and your personal preference. Generally, console tables range in height from 71 to 81 cm, with 76 cm being the most common height. This allows for a comfortable reach when using the table to display items or store everyday essentials.
However, it's important to consider the height of your hallway and any other furniture or decor that may be in the space. Ultimately, the height of your hallway table should feel comfortable and proportionate to the space. Consider experimenting with different heights to find the one that works best for your needs and complements your decor.